The Youth Worker is the primary worker with young people and is a contributing member of a team providing service to young people. This available position will be for the overnight shifts (11:30/11:45pm – 8:00/8:15am) from Sunday to Thursday each week.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements and maintains a structured environment that fosters the development of an appropriate level of personal and social functioning for each youth.
- Is an effective, mature and appropriate role model for each youth to utilize in his/her growth.
- Works effectively with other members of the team in providing a therapeutic milieu.
- Develops and maintains a therapeutic relationship with youth in the program through the implementation of the Circle of Courage model.
- Participates actively in supervisory meetings, team meetings, retreats, planning sessions, and designated in-service training as required.
- Maintains appropriate records.
- Maintains the upkeep of the residential living space of the unit as applicable, and ensures the provision of a program that fits the requirements of the Licensing Department.
- Is responsible for a variety of tasks associated with program functioning including meal preparation, cleaning, and transportation of young people.
- Administers medication according to policy and CAC standards.
- Night shift in all residential programs is an awake position.
A diploma or undergraduate degree in Human Services such as; Child and Youth Care, Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or a related field. Experience in working with young people preferred. Must have current Standard First Aid/Level C CPR, PIC, CYIM, Valid Driver’s License, and Driver’s Abstract.
Applicants are sincerely thanked in advance for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Competition closes when position is filled.
Resumes can be emailed to email@example.com, faxed to (403) 346-3225, or forwarded to:
Vantage Community Services
4920 54 Street
Red Deer, AB T4N 2G8