Child and Youth Worker / Direct Support Worker
Availability sought: Weekday and weekend daytime, evening and overnight.
wm+a provides individualized and specialized behaviour-based services to individuals with complex (special) needs. We are looking for skilled and professional CYW/CYC/direct support workers, to join our network of independent contractors. wm+a services are available throughout Southwestern Ontario with a focus on complex needs supports. We are known for professional development opportunities made available to our associates – and now we are bringing RBT training to our network, curtesy of the clinical expertise of the AlphaBee team! Join our associate network, be part of a team of behavior specialists and make a difference.
- Providing individualized and/or crisis supports to children, youth and adults diagnosed with ASD (autism), Mental Health disorder or Dual Diagnosis
- Implementing client specific goals and ISP/BSP; teaching based on principals of ABA and other evidence based practices
- Working in diverse settings: schools/day programs, group homes, hospitals, private homes, and the community at large
- Collection and management of data and daily documentation relevant to the clients’ specific programs and goals
Qualifications & Experience:
- Community college diploma or university degree in a relevant discipline (CYW,DSW, BA, BST, etc;)
- Extensive experience working with individuals diagnosed with ASD (autism), Mental Health disorders or Dual Diagnosis
- Strong work history in 1:1 capacity with complex special needs population (with behavioural challenges)
- Ability to work independently following a client BSP
- Knowledge of the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis/data collection an asset
- Flexible availability and geographic range
- Vulnerable Sector Screening required; we can use your current VPC if completed within the last 6 months
- Crisis training (CPI, UMAB, SMG) and Valid Standard First Aid and CPR Level C required for active status
To apply directly to wm+a for this position, please go to www.wmanda.com/Career and click the "CYW / Direct Support Worker" link or send your resume to email@example.com
At wm+a we make a difference.