We’re Ontario’s first craft brewery, 100% Canadian owned, with over a quarter century of brewing heritage.
We offer an excellent starting wage, premiums for off shifts, training and career opportunities as well as a first-rate benefits package.
- To work in a production team to ensure the safe and efficient operation of a high-speed bottling line or canning line.
- The bottling operation includes many individual operator roles and technical processes throughout the production line. The start to finish process includes bottle supply consisting of empty bottle depalletizing, bottle washing, and inspection. Processing includes filling, pasteurization and labeling. Packing includes full goods packing and palletizing.
- The canning operation includes individual operator roles and technical processes throughout the production line. The start to finish process includes can depalletizing, rinsing, filling, seaming, pasteurization and packing.
- Production operators are expected to be multi skilled and flexible. Ability to learn and perform job functions within the entire bottling and canning process is required. The success of the operation depends on the skills and abilities of the production team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to Plant Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Adhere to BRC standards for food safety
- Understand and demonstrate Waterloo Brewing Job Behavior Expectations
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for assigned position or task.
- Complete all required paperwork while ensuring legibility and accuracy.
- Ensure compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Identify and act upon opportunities to continuously improve results
- All other tasks and duties as assigned by the supervisors or management that may be required to ensure the continued success of the company.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High School completion or equivalent
- Packaging experience is an asset
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to follow written instructions
- Strong attention to health & safety requirements
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to engage in physical activities and manual labor, as required, including but not limited to: prolonged standing, walking, repetitive movements, lifting, pushing, pulling and bending
- Ability to positively interact with other employees; team player
- Ability to lift items up to 50 pounds
- MUST be able to work flexible hours (days, afternoons, nights, weekends)