With their Head Office in Ottawa, Ontario, Riverside Opticalab is a growing leader in the manufacture and supply of optical solutions. Riverside has an immediate opening for a reliable Accounts Receivable Clerk to join our accounting team. The successful candidate will be bilingual (French and English), be extremely detail-oriented, a multi-tasker, and a solid team player. He or she will have a strong customer service attitude, be comfortable speaking with customers on the phone, and enjoy working in a fast paced environment. If you possess these qualities, we want to hear from you.
The job will include, but not be limited to:
- Preparing cash receipts for posting, applying payments and performing statement reconciliation.
- Preparing and mailing monthly billing statements.
- Research, and serve as a liaison between our customers to resolve billing discrepancies. Assemble all supporting documentation as needed.
- Identify and take action relative to delinquent accounts.
- Filing of paperwork to the appropriate accounts
- Obtain a good understanding of Company functions and workflow. Ensure compliance for all policy administration activities based upon the established General Guidelines.
- Process Visa and Mastercard payments
- Bank deposits, filing, and other administrative duties as required.
Qualifications and skills
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Degree in Accounting or related field
- 2+ years’ experience in AR can substitute for educational requirement
- Experience with customer service and client communication
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00 to $19.00 /hour