Human Resources Assistant
Riverside Opticalab Group - Ottawa, ON
Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources, the incumbent is responsible for providing administrative and transactional HR support to employees and managers of Riverside Opticalab, working in close collaboration with Human Resources department and payroll.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Participate in the staffing and recruiting activities; analyses the needs of the departmental managers, advertising/posting, collection of resumes, pre-screening resumes, organises the selection interviews, conducts reference checks.
· Prepare letters and documents to support HR transactions (hires, transfers, promotions, leaves of absence, and other employee changes); This includes preparation of new hire documentation, including employment agreements and welcome packages, as well as data entry and setup into our systems.
· Assist in a variety of HR activities, including collecting the employee worked hours from the time cards, managing absenteeism, training, employee development, work related health and safety, salary administration and performance management.
· Apply legislation regarding the HR function (Labour law, Human Rights, Health & Safety, Labour Relations, etc.).
· Answer employee’s and manager’s questions about HR programs and policies, benefits, pension plan, payroll, etc.
· Provide support to the Human Resources team in special projects.
· Make reports and analysis of HR key performance indicators.
· Update the organizational chart of the company on a regular basis.
· Assist in the coordination of special events such as the Christmas and summer party.
· Play an active role to improve the functional and administrative aspects of the HR department.
· College/CEGEP degree in Human Resources or Administration required
· Minimum of 1 year relevant experience
· Excellent customer service abilities
· Ability to treat all information and delicate situations with the utmost confidentiality, tact and professionalism
· Positive attitude, results oriented, dynamic and highly motivated
· Exceptional skills in organizational and time management in a dynamic work environment in constant evolution
· Excellent communication skills with all levels within the company
· Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as part of a team
· Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
· Computer literacy, including effective working skills of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Fluently bilingual is mandatory, oral and written (French and English)
· Able to work flexible hours
· Travel will be required on occasion
Candidates interested should submit their resume either electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates whose skills and experience are suitable for the position may be contacted.
Application Deadline: ASAP
The Riverside Opticalab Group is a partner lab of Essilor. Essilor is a world leader in ophthalmic optics with a presence in 100 countries. The Group designs, manufactures and markets an extensive range of vision care solutions that help to correct, protect and prevent risks to the visual health of around one billion people worldwide.
The Group's human and societal commitment to making good vision accessible to all is what drives the 60,000 Essilor people every day. The Group enjoys a strong corporate culture, a result of its more than 165 year history. It is based on values of entrepreneurship, respect for others and shared trust, cooperation spirit, diversity and innovation. This has enabled a strong growth track record over time, both organically and through numerous local partnerships worldwide.
In line with its mission to improve lives by improving sight, Essilor allocates more than €180 million to research and innovation every year to widen access to eyewear that is tailored to each person’s unique visual needs and lifestyle. It leverages a world class supply chain including 33 plants, 490 prescription laboratories and made to measure finishing facilities. The Group also develops and markets equipment, instruments and services for eyecare professionals.
Essilor reported consolidated revenue of nearly €5.7 billion in 2014.
Its flagship brands are Varilux®, Crizal®, Transitions®, Definity®, Xperio®, Optifog™, Foster Grant®, Bolon® and Costa®.
Sustainability is at the heart of Essilor’s mission, with healthy vision for all contributing to several of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. Essilor was recently recognized in Fortune’s Change the World list, for the progress it is making in addressing the issue of visual health as part of its core business strategy. All employees of Essilor will help to deliver in sustainability and carry out our mission.