The Light Lab Technician performs photo-metric testing for our products and prototypes and plays a critical role in new product development, production as well as customer support.
GVA Lighting creates outstanding lighting systems and signature lighting projects worldwide in cooperation with the best lighting designers and architects in the world. Our engineering, design and manufacturing takes place right here in the Greater Toronto Area and you can be a part of it! Check out some of the amazing lighting projects we completed recently.
The light output from our fixtures is one of the most important parameters. Measurement of prototypes is essential to new product development. Measurement of production parts is essential to ensuring that quality luminaires are delivered to customers.
What you will be doing:
- Set up and maintain an efficient light lab and put systems in place to streamline tests and processes (existing or otherwise);
- Create and maintain photometric files on the website and support R&D, Applications, Production and Sales teams with daily requests;
- Create and maintain IES, LDT files for all products;
- Perform set-up, calibration, preventative maintenance, testing, troubleshooting and support of our Photometric Test Equipment;
- Support R&D, Applications, Marketing, Sales and Production departments by running the optical (photometric, spectrometric and colorimetric) tests for new, existing or modified luminaires;
- Train other employees for professional understanding of optical systems and theory of light;
- Provide optical expertise for application engineering department, train them to simulate the lighting effects by using specialized software (Dialux, AGi32, Revit etc);
- Collaborate with applications engineers, sales and marketing team to find the best optical solutions for customized products;
You qualify for this role if you have:
- College/University degree in Engineering/Design/Science
- 2+ years of related experience (lab work or research, optics, electronics, or manufacturing)
- Experience in maintaining and operating testing equipment
- Basic knowledge of electronics
- Tech savvy (good with technology) – MS Office proficiency (required)
- Experience with rendering software (Keyshot or similar), SolidWorks, AutoCAD, REVIT, AGi32, Dialux, Adobe creative (a plus)
- Lighting knowledge or experience (a plus)
- Ability to thrive in a very fast-paced environment and to multi-task and prioritize
- Highly organized exhibiting a high sense of ownership and can-do attitude
- A talent for solving problems
- We offer learning opportunities enabling professional growth
- You will receive a competitive salary based on skills and experience
- You will have room to grow your career
- You may take pride in having participated in landmark projects at home and around the world
- When you work with us you can qualify for professional development, employer sponsored health benefits and retirement savings plan
We are an exceptional and talented team who believe in the GVA vision and share GVA values. Our passion and enthusiasm are contagious, and they have helped us attract great talent, partners, and clients. If you want to be part of a young, dynamic and growing organization then you are the candidate we are looking for!
Send your resume and LinkedIn profile link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GVA Lighting is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. In accordance with the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the GVA Lighting hiring process.
We thank all the candidates for their interest in GVA lighting, however only selected candidates will be contacted.