A fast-growing manufacturer of lighting solutions, looking for skilled Quality Control Technician.
- Conduct frequent inspections to regularly monitor and audit a product quality in- process, final assemblies, and the manufacturing process to ensure compliance with specifications, standards, documented procedures, work instructions, regulatory requirements, and workmanship standards
- Interface with Engineering and operations to ensure transfer to Production of new products are in accordance with approved data
- Take part in developing proactive measures, such as continuous improvement programs covering production processes and quality management systems to eliminate the causes of quality issues and reduce the risk of failure
- Conduct audits, including closing out audit findings, identifying risks and assessing processes, creating audits finding reports, and determine proper corrective and preventive actions.
- Design, implements, and evaluates quality assurance process sampling systems, procedures, and statistical techniques
- Initiate nonconformance reports (NCR) and Quality Alerts on material, product and processes, analyse NCRs to identify and resolve trends
- Analyze quality problems to identify Root Causes and implement Corrective and Preventive actions
- Assist Quality Manager in establishing, implementing, and maintain the quality management system.
- Create and maintain company quality documentation, such as quality manuals, quality procedures, etc.
- Maintain documentation records within the QA department
- Work with production staff to raise awareness of the importance of quality and train them in quality procedures
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in quality assurance, quality inspection and engineering
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, manufacturing, quality or other related discipline is required.
- Experience with IPC-A-600 and IPC- A-610 Standards to Class 2 and 3 Electronic Assemblies
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 requirements
- Proficient in Inspection Methods (Measurement & Evaluation), Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T), blueprint reading, 8D, Pareto, statistical Analysis (SPC), Proficient in Product Qualification Methodology (PPAP, FMEA, APQP, Control Plans)
- Proficient in: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, Power Point
- High level of manual dexterity, acute visual skills to determine product quality
- Strong work ethic and initiative - an independent self-starter.
- Solution and problem solving oriented. Able to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to write quality assurance reports that describe manufacturing problems, corrective actions taken, and preventative measures needed.
- Excellent communication and writing abilities
- Professional and courteous attitude in all working relationships
- An organizational profiling on-line test will be conducted prior to hiring
- Compensation: competitive salary based on experience
- Flexibility to work overtime
- Ability to lift 10-15 lbs
- We offer learning opportunities enabling professional growth
- You will receive a competitive salary based on skills and experience
- You will have room to grow your career
- You may take pride in having participated in landmark projects at home and around the world
- When you work with us you can qualify for professional development, employer sponsored health benefits and retirement savings plan
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. In accordance with the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the our hiring process. We thank all the candidates for their interest, however, despite our best efforts to respond to everyone who applies, only selected candidates will be contacted.