Join our Production team: Full time position - Monday-Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm at Bristol Circle in Oakville in a brand new production facility with public transportation easily accessible.
We are looking for different levels of experience so if you are inexperienced and willing to learn you could qualify! Note that you will be directly employed with our company and nfot a recruitment agency.
Assemblers perform light-industrial assembly work such as:
- Perform various operations such as screws, bolts, welds, solders, press fits, or, using hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment
- Perform other assembly tasks, such as potting, encapsulating, sanding, cleaning, epoxy bonding, curing, color coding parts or other similar operation
- Position and align components in lighting fixtures
- Install and test assembled electronic components
- Connect and route wires between individual component leads
- Perform testing and inspection, using magnifying devices, measuring instruments, and electronic test equipment
- Follow written or verbal work instructions
- Pack and ship assembled and purchased items
- Maintain clean and organized work station and production floor
Skills & Experience:
- High school graduate
- Related (electronics assembly) experience an asset but not mandatory
- High level of hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Must display positive attitude and a friendly communication style
- High level of commitment and responsibility
- Able to lift up to 12 kg (25 lbs)
Please send your resume to email@example.com. If you are selected for an in-person interview you will have to take a practical exam, dexterity exercises and behavioral interviews. Candidates must be able to pass background check and provide references.
Additional Information – for full-time permanent position:
- Health benefits and Retirement Savings Plan offered on completion of probation period
- Paid sick days and vacation days
- Strong health and safety programs
- Full-time hours in a safe and friendly environment
- All employees will receive on the job training and will have continuous learning opportunities in the organization; this is a collaborative and inclusive work environment.
GVA Lighting is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. In accordance with the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the GVA Lighting hiring process. We thank all the candidates for their interest in GVA lighting, however only selected candidates will be contacted.