Job Summary: responsible for continued efficient and safe operation of all electrical systems and equipment in the Monaghan Mushrooms operation.
- To perform electrical maintenance and troubleshooting work as required.Must be available to work off hours, on call in or emergency basis as needed.
- To perform some mechanical maintenance work as it pertains to electrical functions or as part of the overall project work.
- Install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, ensuring that work is in accordance with relevant codes. Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Perform regular inspection of electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure complains with codes.
- Test electrical systems and continuity in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures. based on job specifications and local codes. Interpret blueprints or electrical sketches/diagrams to determine correct location for wiring or other electrical components.
- Read and interpret drawings, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts for new or existing installations.
- Maintain, repair and troubleshoot various machinery and assembly line as required and scheduled.
- Report, record maintenance/repair data/information as required or appropriate.
- Responsible for applicable QEMS policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Perform facilities/grounds maintenance as required.
- Provide continuous guidance to Electrical Apprentices as assigned.
- Assist in seasonal facilities work as requested.
- Oversee required inspections of electrical systems to ensure compliance with Ontario Electrical Standards Act.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations.
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fiber-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components as needed.
- Test electrical and electronic and equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance.
- Update and log electrical changes.
- Maintain needed spares and purchase material in the most cost effective manner.
- Coordinate with all farm services and contractors as required.
- Train and direct electrical employees and ensure they perform to required standards.
- Ensure operation of electrical systems and equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements and troubleshooting problems on conveyors, programmable controllers, transformers, voltage regulators, and machinery wiring; following electrical codes, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications.
- Install new machines and equipment by installing power supply wiring and conduit to and between machines and equipment, using hand tools and test equipment. Program automated machinery.
- Repair and replace as necessary electrical systems and equipment by diagnosing malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures; determining faulty wiring, inspecting and testing malfunctioning machinery.
- Control downtime by informing production workers of routine electrical preventive maintenance plans.
- Prepare electrical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends. Make recommendations as necessary for improvements.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending education workshops and reviewing technical publications.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with health and safety and housekeeping practices, and use of personal protective equipment.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results.
- Maintain documentation as required by Electrical Safety Authority.
- Maintain an adequate supply of parts as required.
- Perform quality checks on all work performed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of detailed sketches or interpret blueprints/electrical diagrams.
- Ability to use a variety of tools and equipment such as measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Knowledge of relevant policies, procedures, and legislation as it applies to health and safety.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Comfortable working on heights (from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs) if required.
- Ability to perform physical work such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Licensed Certified Industrial Electrician.
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in a similar industry.
- Knowledge of PLC's, wiring, legislated standards.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Recognized Certificate of Qualification as an Electrician.
- Technical school training and has completed the apprenticeship program.
- Ability to take information from pre-maintenance work orders to determine the location and the kind of work to be done. Read schematic drawings in order to troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and determine resolutions when encountering malfunctions in equipment. Using established troubleshooting sequences, check a series of possibilities, which include establishing whether or not equipment is plugged in, or looking at diagnostic schematics on computer to pinpoint location and nature of problem.
- Ability to interact with production crews to co-ordinate repairs to their equipment to discuss work orders with supervisors. Talk to operators about equipment and machinery breakdowns using technical language with several operators, drawing detailed information from each and providing complex instructions to avoid similar breakdowns.
- Ability to take measurements using high voltage testing equipment. Use formulas from Electrical Code to determine sizes of cables needed when sizes of motors and lengths runs are known.
- Ability to work independently as well as work in team setting that includes other trades people and professionals to install, repair and maintain electrical systems and equipment.
- Ability to seek out information via databases to find out whether or not a problem with a specific piece of equipment has been experienced elsewhere in the facility. Use computer-assisted design, manufacturing and machining.
- Receive in-house safety training to update certifications such as Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS), Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG), First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR). Learn about new equipment on the job by reading manuals and through hands-on experience.
THIS DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO ESTABLISH A TOTAL DEFINITION OF THE JOB, BUT AN OUTLINE OF THE MAIN DUTIES.
Monaghan Mushrooms welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time