The Journeyman Plumber is responsible for the installation, service and repair of all aspects of plumbing equipment and gas related appliances that pertain to portable buildings.
Based in our Aldergrove Manufacturing plant, with opportunities for Day (7:00AM - 3:30PM) or Night (3:00PM - 11:30PM) shifts; Monday to Friday. Hours of work and shift schedule may be modified subject to business requirements. Successful candidates must have flexibility to accommodate changes to work schedule.
This position is Safety Sensitive and will require Drug and Alcohol testing as a condition of employment.
The Journeyman Plumber performs some or all of the following duties:
• Rough in installation of water lines, drainage and venting.
• Installing water lines, using hand tools such as pex cutters, drills, and screwdrivers.
• Using crimping tools for water lines.
• Installation of fixtures and appliances once the rough in is completed, including showers, toilets, urinals, sinks, hot water tanks, kitchen equipment, washer/dryers, dishwashers, furnaces, and air conditioning units.
• Use forklift, floor jack or dolly to move larger fixtures and appliances into buildings.
• Daily usage of torches, crimpers, drills, hand tools (i.e. Screw drivers, wrenches and hammers), pipe bender, manometer, threading machine, die heads, grinders, metal snips and shears.
• Use of glues for sealing and installation of appliances (i.e. ABS, PVC glue, pipe dope, flux and paint).
• Interpret blue prints and design and install water lines and drainage accordingly.
• Assist apprentices as required.
• Work in accordance with the Gas Code and Plumbing Code.
• Pull gas permits as required.
• Cleans and stores tools and equipment and cleans work sites.
• Completes daily Job Hazards Assessments and Pre Job Task Hazard Analysis forms.
• Wears required Personal Protective Equipment at all times during work hours.
• Other duties as required.
Required Education and Experience:
• Completion of the Red Seal Plumbing Trade Program from an accredited University or College.
• Minimum of 5 years’ plumbing-related work experience on construction sites.
• Practical knowledge of the application of plumbing techniques and methods normally acquired through years of experience.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Able to operate all hand and power tools required to perform tasks specific to trade.
• Able to demonstrate organizational, time-management and decision-making skills.
• Able to manage a fluctuating workload and set priorities to meet deadlines.
• Able to work individually and as a team member able to safely and comfortably carry out physical duties.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Attention to health/safety of self and co-workers.
• Perform heavy manual labor, including bending, stooping, reaching, carrying and lifting heavy objects weighing up to 45 lbs.
• Walks approximately 2-4 kilometers per day on a variety of surfaces including, concrete and gravel.
• Working at heights when required.
• Requires manual dexterity of both hands and feet to perform activities such as lifting overhead, twisting and bending while lifting, climbing ladders and stairs while wearing protective equipment, and working in confined spaces, including repetitive arm motion below, at, and above shoulder level.
• The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.