The Roofer is responsible for the installation of various types of roofs on portable buildings.
This position is Safety Sensitive and will require Drug and Alcohol testing as a condition of employment.
The Roofer performs some or all of the following duties:
• Align roofing materials with edges of roofs.
• Roll and glue EPDM roofing.
• Ensure there are no air bubbles in EPDM roofing.
• Work with the following tools: sawsall, skill saw, chop saw, table saw, radial arm saw, drills and air tools.
• Cleans and stores tools and equipment and cleans work sites.
• Completes daily Job Hazards Assessments and Pre Job Task Hazard Analysis forms.
• Wears required Personal Protective Equipment at all times during work hours.
• Other duties as required.
Required Education and Experience
• Must have graduated with a high school diploma.
• Some knowledge of the construction/manufacturing industry.
• Experience as a carpenter is required.
• Experience working with EPDM, PVC, tab shingle and corrugated metal is required.
Required Skills and Abilities
• Able to operate all hand and power tools required to perform tasks specific to trade.
• Able to demonstrate organizational, time-management and decision-making skills.
• Able to manage a fluctuating workload and set priorities to meet deadlines.
• Able to work individually and as a team member able to safely and comfortably carry out physical duties.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Attention to health/safety of self and co-workers.
• Perform heavy manual labor, including bending, stooping, reaching, carrying and lifting heavy objects weighing up to 45 lbs.
• Walks approximately 2-4 kilometers per day on a variety of surfaces including, concrete and gravel.
• Working at heights.
• Requires manual dexterity of both hands and feet to perform activities such as lifting overhead, twisting and bending while lifting, climbing ladders and stairs while wearing protective equipment, and working in confined spaces, including repetitive arm motion below, at, and above shoulder level.
• The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.