The Drywaller is responsible for applying plasterboard to ceilings and interior walls of buildings. Based in our Aldergrove manufacturing plant, the regular shift for this position is Monday to Friday, 7:00AM to 3:30PM. Hours of work and shift schedule may be modified subject to business requirements. Successful candidates must have flexibility to accommodate changes to work schedule.
This position is Safety Sensitive and will require Drug and Alcohol testing as a condition of employment.
The Drywaller performs some or all of the following duties:
- Able to hang board on ceilings and walls using basic tools and fasteners.
- Hang board in a way to remove butts and seams.
- Trims rough edges from wallboard to maintain even joints.
- Cuts openings into wall boards for electrical outlets, windows, vents, or fixtures using the appropriate cutting tools.
- Reads blueprints and other specifications to determine method of installation, work procedures, and material and tool requirements.
- Place wood backing as required
- Other duties as required.
Required Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 1 to 3 years’ experience in a warranty provider setting.
- Must be comfortable handling and moving objects.
- Able to adjust order of priorities to complete assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Able to manage stress in a busy work environment.
- Able to work in a fast paced, deadline driven setting.
- Able to work as a team player as well as independently.
- Must be able to work well with little or no supervision and possess the ability to use good judgment and initiative.
- Able to communicate effectively and build/ maintain positive working relationships with other individuals in & outside of the organization.
- Tasks outlined above are well-suited for a person who is self-motivated, meticulous, and practical.
- Perform heavy manual labor, including bending, stooping, reaching, carrying and lifting heavy objects weighing up to 45 lbs. Walks approximately 2-4 kilometers per day on a variety of surfaces including, concrete and gravel.
- Working at heights when required.
- Requires manual dexterity of both hands and feet to perform activities such as lifting overhead, twisting and bending while lifting, climbing ladders and stairs while wearing protective equipment, and working in confined spaces, including repetitive arm motion below, at, and above shoulder level.
- The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.