The Electrician is responsible for the maintenance, repair, and overall management of all electrical systems and equipment within the Plant.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
- Follow provincial/state and local building regulations based on the Federal/National Electric Code
- Sponsor, supervise and train apprentice carpenters as required
- Act in the capacity of the Framing Lead Hand’s 2IC as required
This position is safety sensitive, and as such will require pre-employment alcohol, drug and fitness to work testing as a condition of employment.
- A formal Journeyman ticket or Read Seal
- Experienced Un-ticketed:
- 5+ years’ experience
- 3 strong references
- Positive skills test results
- Minimum completion of year two of the program
- Completion of High School or equivalent
- Ability to read drawings, plans and blueprints
- Physical ability to lift up to 25 kgs using proper lifting techniques
- Good physical condition and stamina
- Can communicate effectively
Closing date: Open until suitable candidates are found
Working rotation: Regular plant hours (7:00 AM-3:30 PM, Monday to Friday); Overtime is available as required
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
You can now check the live status of your application by logging in to your Taleo profile.