The Shipper/Receiver sends, accepts, controls and records the movement of parts, supplies, materials, equipment and stock. The focus is on the implementation, consistent execution processes, procedures and KPIs, as well as continuous improvement initiatives in the areas of the Warehouse Department’s efficiency and on time delivery while maintaining the highest standards of safety and quality. Some knowledge of LEAN/Six Sigma and Industrial Safety, as well as good computer skills is a strong asset.
This position is safety sensitive, and as such will require a pre-employment alcohol, drug and fitness to work testing as a condition of employment.
This position is eligible for the Employee Referral Program.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Comfortable with computer tools and applications
- Determine method of shipment and prepare bills, invoices and other shipping documents.
- Assemble containers and crates, pack goods to be shipped, and prepare identifying information and shipping instructions.
- Oversee loading and unloading of goods from trucks, etc.
- Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents, record shortages and reject damaged goods.
- Unpack and route goods to appropriate storage areas.
- Maintain internal record-keeping systems.
- Operate forklift, hand truck or other equipment to load, unload, transport and store goods.
- Record and maintain inventory lists
- Review paperwork and reports, check product codes,
- Assist with administrative tasks, identifying discrepancies, and coming up solutions to problems
- Facilitate daily delivery of the required materials to the manufacturing floor and the end-of-day reconciliation and re-stocking of unused materials
- Know safe storage and handling procedures for various chemicals and materials.
- Ensure stock room security and limited access
- Know proper shipping procedures for transportation of dangerous goods.
- Background in quality assurance and workplace safety
- Coordinate tasks according to priorities and plans
- Guarantee all safety precautions and quality standards are met
- Resolve problems when they arise
- Report on progress to managers, engineers etc.
Key Skills & Qualifications Required:
- Ability to read drawings, plans and blueprints
- Ability to communicate and report effectively
- Aptitude in math
- Problem-solving abilities
- Good physical condition and stamina
- Communication skills
- Teamworking skills
- Minimum grade 12 diploma
- Regular plant hours: 07:00 – 15:30, M-F
- Available for OT as required