The Materials Handler is responsible for sorting, storing, issuing parts and supplies, and preparing kits for use by the Production department.
This is a safety sensitive position and as such requires pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- Receive and sort incoming parts and supplies.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in a warehouse, tool room, supply room or other area.
- Process incoming requisitions and issue or distribute disposables (parts/ supplies) for Production.
- Maintain records of orders and the amount, kind and location of parts and supplies on hand using manual inventory system.
- Prepare requisition orders to replenish parts and supplies.
- Prepare kits for use by the Production department.
- Load and unload, move or stack materials or products.
- General clean up, to ensure a high level of housekeeping in designated areas.
- Ensure goods are returned to appropriate areas, i.e. mill, shipping and receiving.
- Cleans and stores tools and equipment and cleans work sites.
- Completes daily Job Hazards Assessments and Pre Job Task Hazard Analysis forms.
- Wears required Personal Protective Equipment at all times during work hours.
- Other duties as required.
- Must have graduated with a high school diploma.
- Specialized training for a parts clerk in high school or college is an asset.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in a related clerical occupation or as a Warehouse Worker may be required.
Skills and Abilities
- Able to identify hand and power tools required to perform tasks specific to trade.
- Able to identify building and construction materials required for kitting.
- Able to demonstrate organizational, time-management and decision-making skills.
- Able to manage a fluctuating workload and set priorities to meet deadlines.
- Able to work individually and as a team member able to safely and comfortably carry out physical duties.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to health/safety of self and co-workers.
The above statements are meant to describe the general nature of the requirement of the job performed. Additional duties and responsibilities may be required of the incumbent and at the request of the company.