The Detailer will be responsible for the general cleaning of new manufactured portable buildings, as well as, general plant cleaning.
Based in our Aldergrove manufacturing plant, the regular shift for this position is Monday to Friday, 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM. Hours of work and shift schedule may be modified subject to business requirements. Successful candidates must have flexibility to accommodate changes to work schedule.
This position is Safety Sensitive and will require Drug and Alcohol testing as a condition of employment.
The Detailer performs some or all of the following duties:
- Cleans new manufactured portable buildings, including, cleaning floors, walls, appliances, furniture, fix and all other components that reside in the interior of units.
- Gathers and empties trash.
- Cleans and supplies restrooms.
- Mixes water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Follows procedures for the safe use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, for safety measures and to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Notifies supervisors concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Requisitions supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Understand all safety procedures of work place.
- Cleans and stores tools and equipment and cleans work sites.
- Completes daily Job Hazards Assessments and Pre Job Task Hazard Analysis forms.
- Wears required Personal Protective Equipment at all times during work hours.
- Other duties as required.
Required Education and Experience:
- Education background normally equivalent to high school with some knowledge of the construction/manufacturing industry.
- Experience on construction sites would be preferred and has the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Able to demonstrate organizational, time-management and decision-making skills.
- Able to manage a fluctuating workload and set priorities to meet deadlines.
- Able to work individually and as a team member able to safely and comfortably carry out physical duties.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to health/safety of self and co-workers.
- Perform heavy manual labor, including bending, stooping, reaching, carrying and lifting heavy objects weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Walks approximately 2-4 kilometers per day on a variety of surfaces including, concrete and gravel.
- Working at heights when required.
- Requires manual dexterity of both hands and feet to perform activities such as lifting overhead, twisting and bending while lifting, climbing ladders and stairs while wearing protective equipment, and working in confined spaces, including repetitive arm motion below, at, and above shoulder level.
- The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
No telephone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Horizon North provides equal opportunity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified persons. We thank every applicant for their interest.
Click to apply: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=HORIZONNORTH&cws=37&rid=1271