Beacon Roofing Supply Canada Company is one of the top 3 roofing & building supply companies in North America and currently operates 22 branches across Canada. Beacon specializes in the sale of commercial and residential roofing products, waterproofing and air barrier products and roofing systems to professional contractors and dealers.
We are currently seeking an experienced AZ Driver candidate for our location of Concord (ON).
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operate and drive straight flat bed or articulated trucks to transport materials (tractor with flat bed trailer)
- Inspect loaded truck for accuracy of order, compliance with weight
- Maintain accurate records for submission to Fleet Office
- Strapping, loading and unloading of materials
- Ensuring safety and security
- Use GPS, atlases and other trip planning
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes and other equipment. (pre trip inspection)
This position offers competitive wages, health, dental, life insurance and RRSP collective plan
- Driver’s licence (Class A) with air brake (Z) endorsement
- Forklift Operator certification will be an asset
- The candidate must be able to drive a stick shift truck and to pass a drugs test / medical exam.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos of the organization
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
Beacon Roofing Supply Canada Company welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.