Beacon Roofing Supply Canada Company is one of the top 3 roofing & building supply companies in North America and currently operates 22 branches across Canada. Beacon specializes in the sale of commercial and residential roofing products, waterproofing and air barrier products and roofing systems to professional contractors and dealers.
Beacon Roofing Supply Canada Company is currently seeking an experienced Inside Sales Representative candidate specialized in commercial and residential roofing products for its Whitby location (ON).
The Inside Sales positions primary role is to service existing customers.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide excellent customer service using professional communication skills.
- Primary responsibilities - order taking, delivery scheduling, and assisting walk in counter sale customers.
- Set and authorize delivery dates based on knowledge of delivery schedules and staffing levels.
- Ensure accurate computer transactions.
- Maintain customer relations through phone goodwill to existing customers.
- Emphasize company expertise and use your application, installation and product knowledge to up-sell the customer appropriately.
- Possess ability to overcome objections or concerns of potential customers by utilizing technical expertise
- Maintain and convey all relevant competitive sales knowledge directly to the Branch Manager for dissemination to the Outside Sales Representatives.
- Handle incoming customer complaints in a prompt and courteous manner;
- Attend to all training sessions for inside sales representatives.
- Support Beacon’s strong safety culture.
Beacon Roofing Supply Canada offers competitive wages, health, dental, life insurance and RRSP collective plan and several training plans for employees
- 2 years’ experience in customer service and inside sales
- Ability to work under pressure and be multi-tasking
- Strong knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook. A first experience with Mincron and AS-400 would be an asset.
- Experience in the building material distribution industry or the construction industry would be an asset.
- Experience in project management and business administration would be an asset.
- Fluency in Portuguese and Spanish would be an asset but not a requirement.
- Ability to look for opportunities to improve customer service orientation through better understanding and empathy for the customer experience.
- Clear communication skills
- Strong ability in negotiation and problem-solving techniques.
Beacon Roofing Supply Canada Company welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.