Quality Control Technician
Reporting to the Quality Control Supervisor, the scope of this position involves ensuring the production process meets superior food safety systems (HACCP) and quality standards from entry of raw materials into the facility, to the processing of goods, to shipment of finished product.
- Prepare samples, media and buffers used for daily analysis
- Perform chemical and microbiological testing of dairy products
- Generate test results with a high level of accuracy and reliability
- Conduct product swabbing and environmental sampling
- Produce reports and computer data entry of various information for the purpose of maintaining accurate records
- Maintain laboratory equipment and maintain cleanliness within the lab
- Work closely with production staff in the areas of sanitation, hygiene, GMPs and related necessary training
- Responsible to train operators on all changes to the Food Safety & Quality system as communicated by Management and QA
- Complete tasks in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the food industry
- Bachelor of Science Degree or Diploma in Microbiology or Food Science
- Knowledge of microbiological procedures and autoclaving techniques
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMPs, allergens, and food security
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communication and problem solving skills
- Proficient computer abilities using Word & Excel
- Own transportation and ability to work weekends
General office and lab conditions, with frequent periods spent in manufacturing facility. Occasional exposure to hazardous materials (auto clave), chemical substances and bio-hazardous bacteria.
Infrequent climbing of stairs and lifting of materials to a maximum of 20 kg. Standing for a continuous length of time. Sitting and walking for a moderate length of time.
Gay Lea Foods is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workplace. Reasonable accommodation is available upon request throughout our recruitment and selection process.