Denver Property Restoration is looking to hire a new member to our team. We are a 24-hour emergency response company, with our focus on the restoration of fire, flood, wind damage, sewer backups and site remediation properties within Winnipeg and remote communities. We pride ourselves on helping to restore a home or business to its pre-loss condition and strive to maintain a reputation for excellent work and customer service.
We are looking for a customer-focused, hardworking individual with a can do attitude, and willingness to learn and grow. As the Site Supervisor / Carpenter – Northern Projects, there will be extensive work in the restoration process of structures damaged by fire and water. This involves managing site projects from start to finish, documenting job progress and keeping relationships within the communities where you are stationed. We are seeking an individual with strong leadership skills who can run crews of workers and provide training and guidance when required.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manages and is responsible for all aspects of the construction project: Building construction / renovation (framing, insulation, drywall, paint, trim work, finishing) as well as knowledge and experience with electrical, mechanical and plumbing.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work site, ensures that COR policies and procedures are followed by all employees and hired sub-contractors.
- Checking and ensuring job materials, tools, and equipment required are on site.
- Effectively managing the client relationship through positive communication, presentation and work ethic. Great attention to detail an accuracy is a plus.
- Updates all parties involved relative to work progress, changes, additions to original repair specifications. Progress reports and documentation (photos, e-mail correspondence).
- Additional duties as required.
- Ability to work outside of Winnipeg, on remote properties for extended periods of time, and if required, on call.
- Ability to run a crew effectively while providing training and guidance.
- The role requires at least 5 years of experience in construction and site supervision.
- Must have a valid Manitoba drivers’ license and able to provide security clearance and child abuse registry (required).
- Must be physically fit, lift equipment and materials (drywall, plywood, etc.).
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Experience with power and non-power tools; own tools required.
- Understanding of the residential building codes.
- Positive and professional attitude.
- CSA steel toe footwear and headwear must be worn at all times when on job sites or in the warehouse.
This role is a fundamental part of our team and offers much opportunity for growth over the years, including paid courses to allow you to further develop as a professional in the industry. We offer competitive wages based on experience and skills and a benefits plan. Please send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for applying, however only suitable candidates will be selected for employment.