General Labour/Plant Helper
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the scope of this position is responsible for performing general plant duties in various departments. Various Shifts.
- Perform general plant duties, including hand packing product, palletizing cases, moving skids, etc.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Provide weekend coverage as required based on production volumes
- Food Safety & Quality responsibility as outlined in SOPs & other training materials provided and accurate record keeping
- Attend prescribed courses and training as required
- Minimum high school diploma and/or relevant dairy experience
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), including excellent sanitary habits, CIP systems and possess knowledge of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to be flexible in terms of shift work and perform other duties as required
- Physically capable of performing the demands of the job and ability to multi-task
- Good communication skills, including written and verbal
- Mechanical aptitude and solid troubleshooting skills
Extended exposure to dust, extreme temperatures and multiple deadlines. Frequent exposure to hazards including chemical substances, hazardous machines and moving objects. Regular exposure to noise and odour.
Standing and walking, for extended length of time. Occasional lifting of materials to a maximum weight of 20 kg.
Gay Lea Foods is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workplace. Reasonable accommodation is available upon request throughout our recruitment and selection process