Reporting to the Transportation Supervisor, the Logistics Co-ordinator is responsible for dispatching, route planning, labor planning, and coordinating shipments with both own carrier base and 3PL within the Canadian network..
- Route plan and sequence calls for next day shipment requirements on own carrier base.
- Communicate sales orders to third party carriers going outside the geographical region of own fleet.
- Coordinate daily ad-hoc delivery requirements.
- Coordinate additional driver support as required through partnered service providers.
- Coordinate equipment to and from maintenance.
- Provide communicational status updates to internal and external stakeholders as requested on ETAs, delays for sales orders.
- Ensure drivers are prepared for work with Log Books, Safety equipment, etc.
- Responsible for incident and accident report/documentation.
- Ensure all PODS are collected and accounted for, scanned into knowledge link.
- Ensure all driver routing packets are prepared and assembled with the necessary documentation, bills, pick up appointments etc.
- Approve/Decline/Process demurrage charges with 3rd party carriers.
- Monitor and report on driver/route KPI’s.
- Document delays, and report on corrective actions for planning, systematic issues.
- Excellent Telephone/Communication/People skills, both written and verbal
- Strong time management and priority allocation skills, urgency understanding.
- Proficiency in Word/Excel
- Exceptional keyboarding skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
- 2 years Prior logistics and dispatch experience
- 3 year college diploma in business/supply chain designations.
Gay Lea Foods is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workplace. Reasonable accommodation is available upon request throughout our recruitment and selection process.