- Sunday to Wednesday (Rotating Wednesdays) 5pm to 5am.
- Sunday to Wednesday (Rotating Wednesdays) 5am to 5pm
Reporting to the Transportation Supervisor the shunter is responsible for providing onsite service in moving trailers to and from Distribution Doors, reconciling equipment, fueling trailers, tagging equipment for service.
- Shunt trailers to and from dock doors as directed by Transportation Department
- Perform yard checks listing all equipment, temperature verifications, product commodity within trailers.
- Fuel trailers with onsite fuel tank below at or below 1/4 tank.
- Tag equipment for service
- Report and raise awareness on any noted damages or equipment safety concerns.
- Set reefer temperatures based on commodity being loaded.
- Utilize a capacity/Ottawa shunt truck.
- Support in providing direction to drivers in the yard and direct as required.
- Other ad-hoc responsibilities as required.
- Excellent Communication/People skills
- AZ Licence needed.
- 2 Years of Verifiable Driving Experience
- 1 Year of shunting experience preferred.
- Experience using a shunt truck (Capacity/Ottawa)
- Ability to climb in and out of trucks for extensive periods
- Ability to be able to raise dolly legs multiple times during shifts.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be able to life up 50LBSGay Lea Foods is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workplace. Reasonable accommodation is available upon request throughout our recruitment and selection process
Gay Lea Foods is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workplace. Reasonable accommodation is available upon request throughout our recruitment and selection process