Reporting to the Distribution Supervisor, the scope of this position involves loading and unloading trucks and the safe operation of lift trucks. Other responsibilities include warehousing of products and supplies, housekeeping and other duties as assigned by management. Afternoon or Night shift.
- Work as part of a team to warehouse product off packaging lines
- Responsible for loading and unloading trucks
- Assemble and check orders using warehouse management system
- Service customers, receive shipments from suppliers
- Record detailed shipping/receiving documentation
- Rotate stock and conduct inventory cycle counts
- Food Safety & Quality responsibility as outlined in SOPs & other training materials provided and accurate record keeping
- Attend prescribed courses and training as required
- Other duties as required
- Minimum high school diploma and/or related CPG or food warehousing experience
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), including excellent sanitary habits and possess knowledge of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Counter Balance, Electric Lift Truck and Reach Truck licenses
- Good communication skills, including written and verbal
- Ability to work as an individual and in a team environment
- Ability to be flexible in terms of shift work and perform other duties as required
- Physically capable of performing the demands of the job and ability to multi-task
- Accurate when working with calculations.
- Ability to work with an automated Warehouse Management System
- Computer skills would be an asset
Regular exposure to noise, cold temperatures, humidity and dry conditions. Continuous exposure to hazardous machines, moving objects (forklifts) and frequent interruptions. Occasional exposure to dust and extreme temperatures. (Freezer -18 degrees)
Sitting for extended length of time, standing and walking for considerable length of time. Moderate lifting of materials up to maximum 25 kg.
Gay Lea Foods is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workplace. Reasonable accommodation is available upon request throughout our recruitment and selection process