Founded in 1980, SCP SCIENCE is a successful privately-owned manufacturer and distributor of analytical equipment, supplies, reagents and certified reference materials for the inorganic analytical laboratories market.
SCP SCIENCE provides a stimulating and challenging workplace and an opportunity to become part of a team respected throughout the world. Our competitive strength lies in our qualified, educated and motivated staff. We are looking to employ talented people with a variety of academic backgrounds, who can work diligently, are able to respond quickly to change and demonstrate discipline in getting things done. In our business, commitment to customer satisfaction is of paramount importance.
Please watch our corporate video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95cT7Qmrnk8
We are currently looking for a Software Developer to join our R&D department.
- Generate software requirements, develop specifications, write test plans
- Design, develop, implement, and test/debug software in Windows environment, and firmware for embedded real-time system
- Integrate and test the software in target environment, file test reports
- Debug, test, and troubleshoot hardware systems and modules (Serial to USB converter, step motors, A/D-sensors etc.)
- Perform other related functions as assigned
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor's or higher degree either in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in design, development and verification of Real-Time Software
- Proficiency in .Net, VB, C/C++/C#; Experience in GUI design
- Experience with instrumentation control applications
- Experience with DC and/or step motor control applications
- Experience in firmware design for microcontrollers
- Experience in development of software in Windows environment
- Asset: capable to read and understand electronic schematics, identify and troubleshoot hardware-nature problems
- Asset: experience with communication protocol: RS232, RS485, I2C, ISP and USB.
- Able to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation packages
- Group insurance: Life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance, Long term disability, Medical coverage
- Paid time off in the form of vacation and holidays
- Company-sponsored social events (parties, sport events, BBQ Fridays, etc.)
- Tuition reimbursement