Founded in 1980, SCP SCIENCE is a successful privately owned manufacturer and distributor of analytical equipment, supplies, reagents and certified reference materials for the inorganic analytical laboratories market.
SCP SCIENCE is currently seeking a Machinist to join our Production department.
- Production of parts with precise dimensions using machining equipment such as overhead mill, Lathe, standard and CNC;
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments;
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables or study sample parts to determine machining operation to be performed, and plan the best sequence of operations;
- Provide inspection and preventive maintenance on plant equipment as needed;
- Other tasks, as required.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Skilled in conventional lathe & overhead milling
- Skilled in CNC lathe & milling equipment both in G code & conversational programming.
- High-school completed
- Professional training as a machinist required;
- Fluent in French and English;
- Meticulous, productive, dynamic, able to work with minimal supervision.
Work Shift: 3pm-11pm