Headquartered in St-Hyacinthe - Quebec and established in 1992, Ben-Mor Cables Inc. is a proud leader in the manufacturing of assembled cables, chains, ropes and lifting products. The company is present in industrial, major projects, hardware and aeronautics circles. Ben-Mor highly values its customers and is Hooked on Service !
At the Ben-Mor, Barrie - Ontario, we offer a dynamic, clean and positive work environment in a convenient location. We care about our employees, their professional development and building a reputation as a top employer in Simcoe County.
Sew and process various slings following all applicable instructions for Ben-Mor Cables Inc. - Barrie.
- Proficiently measure, cut and sew various slings, wear pads and other various materials in compliance with customer requirements.
- Attach accessories to slings. (i.e. labels, tags)
- Inspect and maintain sewing machine daily. (i.e. oil, thread)
- Ensure and report on quality of material and product before, during and following the sewing process.
- Maintain inventory and good housekeeping of work area(s).
- Adhere to policies and procedures of Ben-Mor Cables Inc. as well as all regulatory compliance procedures.
- Ensure a safe environment for Employees and visitors; report concerns/incidents, as required.
- Perform other related tasks and functions as required by the dictates of the business needs relative to the nature of the position.
- OSSD (Ontario Secondary School Diploma), or equivalent, considered an asset – not required.
- Experience sewing in a professional or personal capacity, considered an asset – not required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, considered an asset – not required.
- Ability to take measurements and read, interpret and follow drawings and instructions.
- Manual dexterity and strong attention to detail required.
- Capability to work effectively and safely in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Punctual & Reliable.
- Ability to meet the physical and sensory demands of the job.
- Capability to learn and retain information.
- Professional and inclusive when dealing with other Employees.
- Committed to being a team player and actively participating in increasing morale and Employee engagement.
- Permanent, Full-Time
- Day Shift/Afternoon Shift
- Repetitive work requiring sitting position.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs is required.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Ben-Mor, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment. We are dedicated to a work place that reflects the diversity of our community. Ben-Mor offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of our recruitment process. If you are in contact with an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.