- Must have an up-to-date Millwright License according to Ontario’s Law (#433A).
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in the industrial environment (preferably the automotive field).
- Shift work required (days, afternoon, midnights)
- Knows and understands all requirements related to millwright duties.
- Advanced ability to effectively problem-solve, communicate (orally and in writing), lead business discussions and train others.
- Team player within multi-disciplined team.
- Strong organizational skill set.
- Experience in cross functional team.
- Knowledge of supplies and equipment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- First Aid skills and/or certificates are considered assets.
- Qualified tradesperson with a strong troubleshooting ability in pneumatics, hydraulics, and mechanical equipment.
- Prior experience with fully automated systems including material handling.
- Must be able to weld for maintenance purposes.
- Should display a working knowledge of as many of the following systems as possible:
- Hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, ventilation, building facilities (power distribution, lighting, heating, etc.)
- Able to troubleshoot problems on equipment that is PLC controlled (automated)
- Ability to install and level equipment and machinery
- Should be familiar with and be able to use standard tool room equipment, lathe, mill, surface grinder, etc. for maintenance purposes only.
- Prior Experience with some or all of the following: Mechanical presses, CNC Lathes, Automatic transfer machines, Rectification, Centerless grinders, Gauging equipment, Boilers, Central coolant systems, filters, and pumps, Continuous flow through parts washer.
- Complies with all safety rules as well as company policies.
- Applies all machinery and lockout procedures.
- Wears safety clothing and equipment.
- Reports all hazards.
- Performs all work in accordance to safety standards.
- Knows and understands situations that may be a source of danger or hazards to the workers.
- Make recommendations to Management and workers for improvement of the health and safety of workers.
- Can identify potential or existing hazards of materials, processes or equipment that may endanger workers.
- Maintain clean and tidy work area.
- Able to receive oral and written communications.
- Write maintenance and job reports to company requirements.
- Able to read, interpret and revise schematic drawings.
- Able to read, interpret and revise plant drawings and documentation.
- Read and interpret plant layouts and offer recommendations.
- Read and interpret manufacturer’s manuals.
- Set up and use lathe.
- Set up and use milling machines.
- Set up and use surface grinders.
- Set up and use band saw.
- Set up and use cutting torch.
- Set up and use welding machine (stick, mig and tig).
- Set up and use brazing torch.
- Able to use charts and cutting speed tables.
Materials and Fasteners
- Select and use proper materials and fasteners.
- Identify and use ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
- Identify and use alloy and non-metallic materials.
- Identify and use threading system.
- Properly identify and use nuts, bolts, screws as required and to specifications.
- Select, identify and apply lubricant and greases for specific applications.
- Identify characteristics of lubricants.
- Select and use oils and greases to manufacturer’s specification.
- Install and maintain manual and automatic lubrications systems.
- Handle and store lubricants safely.
Systems and Material Handling
- Install and maintain material handling systems such as conveyors, vibrators, install, align and maintain drive units.
- Inspect and maintain overhead cranes and hoists.
- Ensure that installation and maintenance are prescribed standards.
- Able to identify and apply bearing elements, fits and tolerances such as: plain bearings, thrust bearings, ball, roller, needle bearings etc. and know its design symbol.
- Identify, fit and maintain “O” ring and lip seal.
- Apply chemical sealant.
- Identify, install and maintain roller chains, sprockets, belts, and drive chains to prescribed standards.
- Ensure maintenance and installation procedures are to the prescribed standards.
- Able to apply pneumatic principals and safety procedures.
- Able to fire and maintain pressure, direction and flow control valves.
- Install and maintain regulators and filters.
- Able to troubleshoot pneumatic system.
- Ensure that installation and maintenance procedures are to prescribed standards and specifications.
- Able to apply hydraulic principals and safety procedures.
- Able to install and maintain power units, pumps, filters, accumulators, and heat exchangers.
- Able to install and maintain filters, strainers, and contamination controls.
- Able to fit and maintain pressure direction and flow control valves.
- Install and maintain systems to specifications.
Preventative and Predictive Maintenance
- Able to perform preventative and predictive maintenance to company specifications.