About the Position
As an administrative member, your principal duty is to support the Estimator/Project Managers and assist with office functions. Within this role, you will handle inbound and outbound calls, download and print plans and specifications, collect data for bids from suppliers and clients, and provide exceptional support to the estimating team. You'll assist with the coordination of various projects and aid in the completion and submittal of shop drawings, ordering of materials, and scheduling crews. You will communicate frequently with clients, contractors, suppliers and sometimes architects, and must be able to represent the company and team in a manner that reflects our core values.
This is an entry level position with potential for advancement. In house training would be provided for the right candidate to move into an estimating position in the future.
Who We Are
We are a commercial glazing subcontractor located in Surrey and are looking to expand our office team. Our company has been in business for over 25 years and has become a known and well-respected entity within the glazing industry. Our emphasis on excellent customer service and superior installation practices have allowed us to develop strong relationships with our existing clients, and to be selective about who we work with on projects. We focus on local jobs within Greater Vancouver and the Lower Mainland, and specialize in tenant improvements, small storefronts, mall projects, and custom installations, as well as many other areas of the glazing industry.
We believe strongly in a sense of humor and enjoyment around our office and shop. We strive to create a comfortable and friendly atmosphere within our company, and value teamwork and collaboration between both crew and office staff.
Skills & Competencies
- Organized and extremely detail oriented
- Strong communicator, confident in dealing with high pressure situations
- Professional in communications both verbal and written
- Customer service oriented and an innovative thinker
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently and prioritize responsibilities
- Basic understanding of construction considered an asset
Qualifications & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years in an administrative assistant or admin roll
- Previous experience in fast-paced office environment
- Administrative construction experience and understanding of architectural blueprints considered an asset
What We Offer
For the right candidate, we offer a competitive starting salary and on the job training in a highly demanded industry. After probationary period, employee will be eligible for annual health spending account. We offer annual bonuses and profit sharing, as well as flexible hours and a work/life balance.