Provides services to commercial customers by the proper and timely execution of snow removal functions in the winter months.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
*Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Ability to work all Shifts including early mornings and late evenings
- Clear and maintain walkways and outdoor staircases
- Must be able to perform physical duties
- Must be able to offer professional and friendly service
- Work on a snow removal schedule set by the Crew Leader.
- Report any snow and ice control problems in the winter months.
- Drive company vehicles. Have valid driver’s licence.
- Communicate with customers and report any issues or complaints to the Crew Leader.
- Operation of hand tools and equipment including snow blowers
- Follow all Health & Safety regulations including wearing approved protective equipment.
High school diploma or equivalent; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: as required by Federal and Provincial laws
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Read and interpret documents such as Health & Safety regulations, equipment operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals;
- Complete routine reports and correspondence;
- Speak effectively to customers and peers within company.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, area, volume and metric grams.
- Carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form;
- Ability to deal with problems involving customer service situations.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Oral and written communications Extensive local travel
Follow-up Customer relations
Listening Time management
Handle multiple tasks Ability to take instruction
Adaptability Ability to work independently
Ability to work in a team Attention to detail
Willingness to learn
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must frequently lift/or move up to twenty-five pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to fifty pounds.
- The employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate.