Advertising Sales Representative
This is a Print & Online Advertising Sales position for an exclusive and growing magazine profiling North American business leaders and career forerunners who have overcome great challenges to succeed.
Our expansion requires a salesperson who is familiar with print media, desktop, and mobile platforms, as well as marketing electronic applications (apps).
We are seeking a confident and innovative salesperson, who strives to surpass sales targets alongside a diverse team of graphic designers, writers, and communications staff
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Locate and contact potential clients via phone, email or in person to offer advertising services
- Establishing, maintaining, and cultivating the day-to-day relationships with new and existing clients
- Network and build relationships with the right decision makers
- Monitoring and responding to inbound leads
- Persistent pursuit of new sales /business opportunities to achieve monthly quotas/targets
- Represent the magazine in client meetings, negotiate price and payment terms as well as prepare comprehensive and detailed sales contracts and agreements
- Utilize the CRM to manage leads, opportunities, and accounts
- Managing sales contracts in GTA via phone, email, and in-person
- Explain to clients how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible
- Experience with direct sales, advertising, and event sponsorship sales.
- Post secondary education in advertising, media, or relatable field
- Proven record for building relationships with key decision makers and the know how to determine key decision makers
- Knowledge of sales and marketing etiquette
- Proven record of exceeding goals and targets in a similar role
- Highly organised, able to multitask efficiently and tackle tight deadlines with composure
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills, with a demonstrated ability to negotiate and effectively present sales material.
- Generate and describe creative, results-focused marketing concepts to a diverse client base.
Job Location: Toronto
Travel: Within the GTA
Salary: Competitive base salary + commissions paid