We are currently searching for permanent full-time Sideload / Rearload Drivers to join our team. Our Drivers are responsible for ensuring their material collection route is completed on schedule and that recycling/waste is collected, transported and offloaded in the prescribed manner. This position reports to the Route Supervisor.
What will you do?
- Safe and efficient operation of waste collection vehicles;
- Daily inspection of vehicle and accurate completion of related documentation;
- Conduct all activities according to the collection schedule;
- Perform curbside, multi-residential, recycling and organics collection in a manner that meets or exceeds contract requirements;
- Perform “driver” and “loader” responsibilities;
- Provide exceptional customer service to stakeholders (both internal and external);
- Communicate with supervisor regarding concerns or suggestions;
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned from time to time;
What will you bring?
- Valid DZ Driver’s Licence;
- Minimum one (1) year working experience driving with required licence;
- Although the regular work schedule is Monday to Friday you may be required to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings and Saturdays as required by the demands of the business. Start times are 06:30 and generally finish time is approximately 16:00;
- Clean Driver’s Abstract and CVOR is required;
- Good command of the English language (both verbal and written);
- Experience in the waste and recycling industry with local cartage – an asset;
What do we have to offer you?
- Competitive pay rate and comprehensive Group Insurance Plan;
- As part of a team, ongoing support and resources to ensure your professional success;
- Training and development opportunities supplemented with a Tuition Reimbursement Program;
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change