We are currently searching for drivers to join our Peel team. Drivers are responsible for ensuring their material collection route is completed on schedule and that recycling/waste is collected, transported and offloaded in the prescribed manner. This position reports to the Route Supervisor.
What will you do?
- Safe and efficient operation of waste collection vehicle;
- Daily inspection of vehicle and accurate completion of related documentation;
- Conduct all activities according to the collection schedule;
- Perform curbside, multi-residential, recycling and organics collection in a manner that meets or exceeds contract requirements;
- Perform alternating/rotating “driver” and “loader” responsibilities;
- Provide exceptional customer service to stakeholders (both internal and external);
- Communicate with supervisor regarding concerns or suggestions;
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned from time to time;
What will you bring?
- Valid DZ driver’s license;
- Minimum one (1) year working experience driving with required license;
- Clean driver’s abstract and CVOR;
- Work schedule flexibility: regular work schedule is Monday to Friday however, must be able to work statutory holidays and overtime on an “as-needed” basis;
- Good command of the English language (both verbal and written);
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs;
- Experience in waste/recycling industry or local cartage is an asset;
What do we have to offer you?
- Competitive hourly base rate with potential for hourly attendance incentive;
- Comprehensive Group Insurance Plan;
- Ability to work close to home to encourage a work-life balance;
- Extensive and ongoing Health & Safety training;
- Training and development opportunities supplemented with a Tuition Reimbursement Program;
- As part of a team, ongoing support and resources to ensure your professional success;
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and focus on continuous improvement.