Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
We are currently searching for permanent full-time DRIVER / LOADERS to join our Brant team. Driver/Loaders are responsible for ensuring their material collection route is completed on schedule and that recycling/waste is collected, transported and offloaded in the prescribed manner. This position reports to the Route Supervisor.
What will you do?
- Safe and efficient operation of waste collection vehicles;
- Daily inspection of vehicle and accurate completion of related documentation;
- Conduct all activities according to the collection schedule;
- Perform curbside, multi-residential, recycling and organics collection in a manner that meets or exceeds contract requirements;
- Perform alternating/rotating “driver” and “loader” responsibilities;
- Provide exceptional customer service to stakeholders (both internal and external);
- Communicate with supervisor regarding concerns or suggestions;
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned from time to time;
What will you bring?
- Valid DZ Driver’s Licence;
- Minimum one (1) year working experience driving with required licence;
- Although the regular work schedule is Monday to Friday you may be required to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings and Saturdays as required by the demands of the business. Start times are 06:30 and generally finish time is approximately 16:00;
- Clean Driver’s Abstract and CVOR is required;
- Good command of the English language (both verbal and written);
- Experience in the waste and recycling industry with local cartage – an asset;
What do we have to offer you?
- Competitive base salary and comprehensive Group Insurance Plan;
- Full-time work benefits, vacation time;
- As part of a team, ongoing support and resources to ensure your professional success;
- Training and development opportunities supplemented with a Tuition Reimbursement Program;
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change.