We are currently searching for drivers (Front Load / Roll-Off Driver) to join our team. Drivers are responsible for ensuring their material collection route is completed on schedule that recycling/waste is collected, transported and offloaded at transfer stations or recycling facilities in the prescribed manner. This position reports to the Operation Team and Dispatcher.
What will you do?
- Safe and efficient operation of vehicles with air brakes;
- Drive the assigned truck along designated commercial routes to mechanically collect solid waste and recycling and take it to the designated end destination, either transfer station or recycling facility as dispatched;
- Have the ability to work independently and without assistance while manoeuvring truck into and out of minimum clearance spaces, using mirrors and truck cameras to back distances up to 120 feet.
- Cleans loose trash off truck and / or ground around truck and container that spills during the dumping process to maintain clean customer sites and safety along roads and highways. Visually scan customer site before and after dumping bin as well as ensuring each and every load on the truck is secure for transport.
- Drive and load recycling/ collection vehicle;
- Conduct daily inspection of vehicle and accurately complete related documentation;
- Communicate with supervisor regarding concerns or suggestions;
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned from time to time;
What will you bring?
- AZ or DZ license with minimal of 1 year experience in commercial driving;
- Minimum 2 years working roll-off and front end driving;
- Prepared to work minimum 10 hours per day;
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Experience in the waste and recycling industry an asset;
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Ability to read, write and perform minor mathematical calculations;
- Basis computer skills;
- Must be available for overtime work as required;
- Clean drivers’ abstract;
What do we have to offer you?
- Competitive base salary and comprehensive Group Insurance Plan;
- As part of a team, ongoing support and resources to ensure your professional success;
- Training and development opportunities supplemented with a Tuition Reimbursement Program;
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change;