The Lethbridge Chamber of Commerce in searching for their next Executive Officer. The ideal candidate will be a professional leader, who will effectively drive the strategic plan forward as set by the Board of Directors. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity for a community oriented candidate with a strong understanding of business and government relations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
* Driving the strategic plan forward with a focus on the Chamber, serving as a:
- Convenor for leaders of influence
- Champion for a strong community
- Catalyst for business growth
* Managing overall Chamber operations
* Maintaining and enhancing community and government relations
* Working with and communicating with the Board of Directors
* Preparing and administering an annual budget
* Monitoring monthly cash flow
* Managing and developing membership
* Supervising staff
* Coordinating and managing of volunteer teams
* Representing the Chamber at all levels of community, government and business sectors
* A post-secondary degree in a related field and/or five years’ progressive management
* Professional, political advocacy
* Solid board governance understanding
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience in effectively leading and inspiring teams
* In depth understanding of creating and executing budgets and strategic plans
* Strong people skills including management/leadership abilities
* Self-motivated, innovative and goal oriented
* Good organization and administrative skills
* Genuine interest in the Lethbridge business community
Bonus Points for:
* Experience with the Lethbridge Chamber of Commerce
* A well-established local network
Compensation & Hours:
* Scheduled hours are typically during normal business hours; however, the Executive Director must be available to attend evening events and/or meetings.
* The expected wage is between $80 - $90K/year.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in MS Word format to Tara Lennox at firstname.lastname@example.org.