Do you pride yourself on your positive attitude and adaptability? Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? Then we want you to come join our team at Ridgeview Lodge in Princeton!
Ridgewood Lodge is a residential care home offering 24 hour nursing care using the neighbourhood model. Currently we have 37 residents and work hard to promote wellness, implement creative approaches to care and service, deal honourably with our employees, and serve as a contributing member of our community.
As the Resident Care Attendant (RCA) you will work as an integral part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team, who provide care and support in a residential care setting. Working under the direction of RN’s and LPN’s, RCA’s have key responsibilities in the individual care plan for each resident, ensuring their physical, emotional and social needs are supported, while promoting maximum independence.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary to a maximum of 37.5 hours per week. Shifts could be available on day, evening, or night shifts as required, any day of the week.
Typical duties include:
• Assist residents with personal care and activities of daily living
• Assist with resident mobility, transfers and related equipment
• Perform nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration
• Housekeeping activities relating to maintaining a safe and healthy environment
• Observe and report changes in resident behavior and condition
• Accompany residents on outings and during social activities
• Perform clerical duties and delegated tasks
Many new employees start out in casual or temporary positions before being successful on a permanent position and having a long and rewarding career with Interior Health. This is your opportunity to join a great team who really cares about their residents and their community. Apply today!
• Grade 10
• Graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant / Health Care Aide Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker registry (please include your active number)
*Along with a copy of your CV (or resume) please upload a copy of your health care certificate.