The Original Cakerie is Canada’s leading and largest privately owned frozen dessert manufacturer. We are a growing company with over 660 employees. Along with continued expansion and product line growth, the most important ingredient in our continued success has been our people.
We are currently looking for full time Quality Assurance Technician. The individual in this role is responsible for monitoring and evaluating the quality of our products and processes as part of TOC’s commitment to product quality and food safety.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Monitor and audit production floor adherence to GMP, BRC and all food safety policies
- Data entry and analysis
- Support customer/consumer complaint investigation and evaluation
- Assess supplier/raw material issues
- Review and verify daily production records
- Raw material evaluation and assessment
- Participate in new product implementation and support in product trials
- Conduct various audits to monitor conformance to regulatory and corporate requirements
- Perform laboratory testing of environmental samples as well as finished product testing
- Collect, prepare and plate finished product samples, read the results and update micro files
- Inform the group on the results of test and put product on hold if any results are out of range also re-wrap and organize retention samples in the retention room and lab freezer
- Conduct pre-op swabbing with Sanitation TL or Set-up supervisor daily and record the results, review the trend and communicate with operation / sanitation if any equipment has to be re-cleaned prior to start-up.
- Release product from HOLD when the results are confirmed acceptable
- Line-checks and process monitoring
- Daily review of production records
- Collect ingredient samples and conduct micro analyses, report results
- Help the team with records update and filing.
- The responsibilities will also include all other QA tasks when covering for QA technician shift so cross-training is necessary
- Food Science degree, Food Technology Diploma or related discipline
- HACCP/BRC/GFSI/CFIA and FDA knowledge is an asset
- Driven to grow and looking to pursue a professional career with TOC
- Experience in microbiological enumeration and evaluation preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team player
- Monday to Friday, Saturdays availability as well, rotational shifts
BCIT diploma in Food Science or related discipline, BSc in Food Science (Microbiology) or student currently involved in this program – must be already trained on lab procedures as proficiency testing is required
Preferable 1 year experience in Quality Assurance/ Food Industry
This full time permanent position offers medical, dental, and extended health benefits, as well as company contribution RRSP.
We thank you in advance for your interest in The Original Cakerie.