The Original Cakerie is Canada’s leading and largest privately owned frozen dessert manufacturer. We are a growing company with over 660 employees. Along with continued expansion and product line growth, the most important ingredient in our continued success has been our people.
We are looking for an Order Desk/Customer Service Representative to join our Distribution team at our Delta location. The Order Desk/Customer Service Rep is responsible for receiving, acknowledging, and processing all customer orders, and arranging logistics activities for delivery of products to our customers. The position will also be responsible for handling queries from both customers and food brokers.
- Ensure internal and external sales orders are entered promptly and accurately in the system and filed
- Coordinate with third party carriers for pickup and delivery to customer
- Respond respectfully, courteously, and immediately to any problems or concerns brought forward by internal and external customers
- Prepare US Customs Documents for third party carriers
- Post daily sales orders by verifying shipped quantities with actual order quantities from remote warehouses; investigate shortages and overages
- Verify freight invoices from third party carriers
- Assist the Inventory Planner with the review of service failure reports to determine root causes
- Coordinate with the Finance dept. on the closing of month end sales
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3 years in an office environment accompanied with customer service and order entry experience in a Logistics or Manufacturing environment is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent decision making and problem solving capabilities
- Exceptional organizational skills and good team working ability
- Self-management regarding time, role, and personal accountability
- Computer and data entry skills using Microsoft Office, Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), and Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (ERP) preferred
- Able to work early morning (7am to 3:30pm), Monday through Friday.
- Able to work overtime as well.
This full time permanent position offers medical, dental, and extended health benefits, as well as company contribution RRSP.
If you are looking for challenging position that allows you to utilize your customer service and organizational skills to drive results and make a difference, then apply now through this post.
We thank you in advance for your interest in The Original Cakerie. Please apply now if you are interested through this post.