The Original Cakerie is Canada’s leading and largest privately owned frozen dessert manufacturer. Along with continued expansion and product line growth, the most important ingredient in our continued success has been our people. We employ over 660 employees and our production staff are an integral part of creating our high quality food products.
- Working on a conveyor belt line in our depositing, decorating and packaging areas
- Rotating through a variety of tasks
- Following standard operating procedures
- Working a variety of shifts, based on operational needs
- Ensuring the quality standards of our product is met
Candidates should possess:
- Ability to work 10 hours shifts
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work repetitively, with attention to detail.
- Exceptional team work attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Food industry experience is a definite asset
- Shifts are scheduled Monday through Saturday and 10.5 hours in length
- You may also be scheduled part shifts which can vary in length but usually are 4, 6, or 8 hours long
- You may choose your days of availability of a minimum of 2 days in the week
- Schedules are posted 2 weeks in advance, however, employees will be on call on days they are available but are not scheduled
- You will choose to work either on AM or PM shift, you will not be required to work on both.
- AM shift (start times will vary every day between 12am - 10:45am)
- PM shift (start times will vary every day between 11am - 11:45pm)
What we provide:
- Starting wage of $16.04 per hour to a top rate of $18.87
- Permanent part time staff are eligible for 100% premiums for provincial medical upon successful completion of your probation period
- Uniforms and safety shoes are provided
- Employee cake purchase program
We are a progressive employer offering training, challenge, opportunity and a competitive compensation package in an employee focused work environment.Please apply now if you are interested through this post.