The Original Cakerie is Canada’s leading and largest privately-owned frozen dessert manufacturer. We are a growing company with over 660 employees. Along with continued expansion and product line growth, the most important ingredient in our continued success has been our people.
We are looking for a Warehouse Manager who ensures a continued & smooth operation of the manufacturing processes through proper quality & amount of on time supply of materials. Accountable for inbound and outbound freight. Supports operations, supply chain & sales teams to properly serve our customers.
Duties will include:
- Manages receiving, warehousing & shipping functions according to TOC, BRC, GMP, CFIA, FDA and other applicable policies & standards
- Ensures people & product safety in WH
- Compliance with QMS, BRC, GMP, CFIA, FDA & other applicable standards as needed
- Preserves full accuracy of physical and in the system (Navision) inventory through daily, weekly, monthly & yearly inventory counts.
- Manages the WH department schedule and ensures proper people need coverage & WH space
- Responsible of selecting, coaching, training, developing & disciplining WH team.
- Develops and monitors area’s budget & KPIs on a permanent basis
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives in the area to optimize WH & transportation performance
- Supports the Quality Management System as required (audits, Preventive & corrective actions, HACCP, etc.)
- Properly interacts with carriers, third party warehouses, union and other departments
- Post-Secondary in business administration (desirable) and studies in logistics studies (Warehousing, Supply Chain, Materials Management, Inventory Control, etc) MS Office.
- ERP knowledge (NAV preferred), GMPs.
- Forklift Class 5 licensed
Experience & Skills:
- 3 years as a Warehouse Manager or 3-5 years as a Warehouse Supervisor. Experience in frozen food industry is an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership, ability to multitask, math friendly, strong problem solving skills and flexible.
If you are looking for your next challenging position then apply now.