The Original Cakerie is Canada’s leading and largest privately owned frozen dessert manufacturer. We are a growing company with over 660 employees. Along with continued expansion and product line growth, the most important ingredient in our continued success has been our people.
We are looking for a Production Supervisor. This is an exciting opportunity to grow and gain experience with The Original Cakerie.
Duties will include:
- Lead and direct approximately 40-50 employees on shift
- Responsible and accountable on achieving departmental results on safety, quality, productivity, cost and waste according to targets
- Compliance with BRC & GMP procedures and standards
- Ensure accountability of team leads and line staff to meet safety, quality & operational targets as well as company policies, values & code of conduct
- Provide support and leadership guidance to team leaders
- Training, motivating and developing staff
- Maintaining quality/safety standards
- Ensure process documentation is accurate and timely
- Supporting staff on day-to-day basis for general troubleshooting/problem solving/conflict resolution
- Lead, coordinate and/or participate in continuous improvement activities
- Demonstrated commitment to professional growth and development
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to analyze and solve problems
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong ability to provide positive and constructive feedback
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Self-managed, organized, and have a keen eye for detail
- Flexibility to work a mix of shifts in a 24/7 operation
- Computer literacy
- Previous experience in a supervisory or leadership role is preferred
If you are looking for challenging position that allows you to utilize your customer service and organizational skills to drive results and make a difference , apply now.