The Original Cakerie is Canada’s leading and largest privately owned frozen dessert manufacturer. We are a growing company with over 660 employees. Along with continued expansion and product line growth, the most important ingredient in our continued success has been our people.
We are looking to hire four full time Maintenance Millwrights, who has or working toward their 4th Class Power Engineer's ticket.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide Mechanical expertise and support The Original Cakerie in mechanical installation and maintenance of plant equipment and production assets .
- Troubleshoot Mechanical failure, identifying the root cause
- Perform routine preventative maintenance and work order tasks as requested by Maintenance Supervisor/Manager,
- Be observant and take initiative when a fault is detected
- Liaise with other departments within facility, ensuring effective communication
- Work effectively in a processing environment without jeopardizing food safety
- Complete maintenance reports and logs as required to support effective maintenance planning
- Maintain good housekeeping practices in work area and in the maintenance shop
- Actively promote Health and Safety in the workplace through adherence to all relevant policies and procedures
- Work within a team to provide support for the production line to troubleshoot and repair breakdowns
- Conduct scheduled preventive maintenance and calibration activities, and keep updated records
- Follow acts, regulations, and codes related to facilities, equipment, environment protection, and Health and Safety at all times
- Coordinate with Maintenance Contractors.
- Valid Interprovincial Red Seal Industrial Millwright licence
- Valid 4th Class Power Engineer ticket or ability to achieve within one year.
- Previous experience in a food manufacturing and/or pharmaceutical plant is a definite advantage
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to work quickly, under pressure, and have a sense of urgency
- Have the ability to work independently or as part of a team with minimal direction
- Have strong organizational skills, detailed-oriented, and able to multitask and prioritize
- Be able to work flexible shifts, including overnight shift
Rate of Pay
- Red Seal Industrial Millwright Ticket $ 35.39/Hr
- Power Engineer Ticket additional $ 0.80/Hr
This is a full time permanent position with benefits. If you are looking for a challenging position then please send us your resume and cover letter. Please apply directly on our website.