The Boys and Girls Club of Kingston and Area is seeking an Early Childhood Educator Coordinator for our Licensed After School Programs located in the West End of Kingston.
The ECE Coordinator will be responsible for providing JK/SK programming that use developmentally appropriate practices in a safe physical environment. ECE Coordinator will implement programs that provide experiences that promote social, emotional, physical and cognitive development.
Successful candidates will understand the importance of physical and emotional health, and display an enthusiasm for working with children. Candidates will maintain a warm and open relationship with the children in their groups, and will be sensitive to their needs and able to communicate readily with them.
*Please note the position will take place Monday to Friday between the hours of 2:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.*
Rate of pay - $15.50 - $17.50 (includes Provincial Wage Subsidy)
25 hours/ week + possible EarlyON Supply hours
- Diploma or Degree in Early Childhood Educationfrom a recognized University or College or equivalent
- Post-secondary graduate at College or University: Bachelor of Education, Recreational Leadership Diploma, Child and Youth Care (previously Child and Youth Worker) diploma, Behavioural Science Technology/Behavioural Psychology
- Registered and have proof of registrationwith the school of Early Childhood Educators
- Up-to-date proof of Immunizations (Measles, Mumps, Rubella/ Tetanus Diphtheria, Polio (10 year booster)
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR (C)
- Current Criminal Reference Check including vulnerable sector
- Familiarization with the Child Care Early Years Act
- Flexibility in hours between 2:00 p.m. and 7:00 pm and in various program areas
- Previous experience in preschool, daycares or JK/SK Programs an asset
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to actively engage and supervise up to 13 children at one time
- Ability to create and implement detailed and unique program plans that promote healthy active living (physical activity, social skills, personal health and wellness etc)
- Able to implement behavioural management techniques fairly and effectively
- Ability to be a leader and take initiative
Please submit resume attention to:
Manager, West End Programs
**We thank all those who apply. Please note only those selected will be contacted for an interview.**