Summary: The flat roof estimator will be responsible for the tenders, and estimating of various commercial projects.
About Empire Roofing Corporation:
With three generations of experience and over 100 million sq.ft. of roofing installed, Empire Roofing Corporation has built a solid reputation for market excellence; and thrives only on the highest quality of construction and workmanship in a variety of roofing services. Through building a solid reputation with our clients, Empire Roofing Corporation has been fortunate enough to see the steady growth, success, and opportunity within the Construction Industry. We at Empire are committed to ensuring that all of our clients receive exceptional customer service from field personnel, all the way to Senior Management.
Based on dedication to commercial roofing excellence and an impressive 2017 project portfolio, Firestone Building Products has awarded Empire Roofing Corporation the Platinum Master Contractor Award 2017, Inner Circle of Quality Award 2017, the coveted Harvey Firestone Award 2017 – three of the commercial building industry’s most distinguished honors.
We are a busy construction/roofing company serving the Industrial and Commercial Sectors, looking to hire experienced Flat Roof Estimator/ Salesman for immediate permanent employment.
Job Title: Flat Roof Estimator
Location: Mississauga, On
Start Date: a.s.a.p.
- Prepare estimates of probable costs of materials, labour and equipment for construction projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications.
- Prepare estimates by calculating complete take-off of the work required
- Advise on tendering procedures, examine and analyze tenders, recommend tender awards and conduct negotiations.
- Establish and maintain tendering process and set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures.
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and forecasts at regular intervals for the duration of a project.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers.
- Co-ordinate with project managers with respect to scope of work, material lists, project details etc.
- Proven ability to obtain and build unit pricing.
- Maintain files of working documents for current and accurate information on supply prices.
- Visit potential job sites.
- Active participation in sales meetings with sales team.
- Taking accurate roof measurements, and documenting with photos.
- Ability to close deals, and make sales.
- Utilize computer for cost analysis of material, labor, equipment and overhead costs
- Working with deadlines of the project.
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Efficient in blue print take-offs and pricing
- Estimating experience required 3 - 5 years
- Microsoft office skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Excellent customer relation skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Empire Roofing Corporation is proud to offer:
- Negotiable wage based on qualifications and experience
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across Ontario.
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage.
- A great work environment.