Account Manager – Toronto
As Canada's leading General Services Contractor, providing products and services to conventions and trade shows across the country, GES CANADA is committed to service excellence and the highest standards attainable. We are currently seeking an Account Manager to work from our Toronto office.
As the “CEO of the Show”, GES Account Managers are responsible for coordinating and overseeing tradeshow production and ensuring that client expectations are met, while maintaining overall show profitability.
- Coordinate and oversee tradeshow production and provide on-site supervision at tradeshow venues for a variety of different accounts.
- Responsible for the management of shows from planning stages through invoicing.
- Act as a liaison, and build relationships with Show Organizers, exhibitors, convention center/hotel staff, production personnel, internal clients and ancillary vendors with regard to all services.
- Ensuring that the correct contract prices are applied to services provided, and developing custom pricing for all non-contracted elements of the show.
- Generate show management invoices while ensuring that the invoice process follows company timelines, is accurate, communicated and collected.
- Annual participation of the Plan/Budget process, developing revenue and operational financial targets for all assigned shows.
- Provide accurate timely forecasts to senior management for all assigned events.
- Fulfill lead role in meetings on assigned shows including organizing, hosting and leading Pre and Post/Countdown meetings.
- Supervise and assist all show personnel assigned to Account Management and all subcontractors as needed.
- Ensure that current and new show metrics are consistently measured, evaluated and communicated with the GES team.
- Performs other duties as assigned and deemed necessary of the position.
- College Diploma or University Degree preferred.
- Two years of tradeshow production/event management experience
- Excellent command of the English language, verbal and written.
- Effective presentation and organizational skills. Microsoft Office savvy.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and maintain composure during high volumes.
- Self-motivated individual who takes initiative and is able to work independently.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude at all times especially in the face of adversity.
- A proven relationship builder.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in a leadership role.
- General accounting/finance knowledge to manage shows vs. budgets.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends, extended hours and at show site.
- Requires ability to adapt to multiple settings and shifting responsibilities.
Interested applicants may submit their resumes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
GES is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. If youh have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please advise us as soon as possible by email or by calling 905-283-0567.