The Toronto Event Centre is a dynamic, year-round, one stop venue. Showcasing the world's top chefs, celebrities and the city's culinary tastemakers. We would like to welcome individuals that want to be part of a highly motivated team, being part of the best culture Toronto has to offer. Thousands of guests every weekend, with events during the week as well!
Server responsibilities include greeting and serving customers, providing detailed information on menus, multi-tasking various front-of-the-house duties and collecting the bill. To be a successful server, you should be polite with all customers and making sure all guests enjoy their meal and beverage experience at the venue.
Keep in mind that server duties require working in shifts during all operating hours of establishment including weekends and holidays.
Ultimately, it is the duty of our servers to provide an excellent overall dining and beverage experience for all guests.
PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME, SMART SERVE AND PICTURE OF YOURSELF AT CAREERS@ TORONTOEVENTCENTRE.COM. MAKE SURE TO PUT JOB POSITION IN EMAIL’S SUBJECT. IF NOT DONE AS REQUESTED, YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE PROCESSED
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses
- Inform customers about the daily specials
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate
- Take accurate food and beverage orders, using a MICROS ordering software, order slips
- Check customers' IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages it is your responsibility as a server
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
- Serve food and beverage orders
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
- Follow all relevant health department regulations
- Provide excellent customer service to guests
- Proven work experience as a server for at least 1 year
- Basic math skills
- Attentiveness and patience for customers
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Active listening and effective communication skills
- Team spirit
- Flexibility to work in shifts- no exceptions will be made on holidays
- High school diploma; food safety training is a plus