The Toronto Event Centre is a dynamic, year-round, one stop venue. Showcasing the world's top chefs, celebrities and the city's culinary tastemakers. We would like to welcome individuals that want to be part of a highly motivated team, being part of the best culture Toronto has to offer. Thousands of guests every weekend, with events during the week as well!
Event/Sales Coordinators provide cold calling to all new clients to obtain new sales and to assist with daily administrative duties.
PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME, SMART SERVE AND PICTURE OF YOURSELF AT CAREERS @TORONTOEVENTCENTRE.COM. MAKE SURE TO PUT JOB POSITION ON EMAILS SUBJECT. IF NOT COMPLETED, YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
- Responds quickly and effectively to telephone/email inquiries for corporate clients group requests, RFP’s, meeting or event requests
- Schedules daily outside sales calls, and conducts on-site visits to generate new corporate group business and maintain existing
- Maintains a weekly cold call schedule to develop new corporate client group business
- Issues proposals and contracts and follows up to secure client commitments, consistent with set space and revenue guidelines
- Contributes to the development of unique experiences to reflect guest expectations and to support improved revenue capture
- Maintains updated profiles for potential and existing clients with detailed information on potential and actual production
- Participates in sales meetings, organizes sales blitzes and brainstorming opportunities to increase sales results.
- Distributes timely and accurate information to all departments regarding contracted requirements and identified unique needs of groups, meetings and events taking place to allow for the seamless delivery of exceptional service against pre-defined standards.
- Assists in development of Marketing Plan, Budget and Month End Reporting, as required.
- Maintains highest level of professionalism in activities and appearance.
- Develop close relationship with the culinary team, operations team, and the Toronto Event Centre’s sales team
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS:
- The successful candidate must have Post-Secondary Education in Sales/Marketing, Business Communication/Administration, and or Hospitality
- 2 -3 years’ Experience as a Corporate Sales Coordinator in a hotel or related property
- Detail oriented
- Excellent and proficient oral and written English communications skills
- Excellent time management skills and stress-management stills
- Reports to work daily from 9:00am-5:00pm Monday to Friday. This position required full availability of evenings, weekends and holidays for those events that occur outside of regular working hours.
- Expectation of self-motivation and monitoring of work load and schedule (i.e.. 7.5 hours one day, 10 the next) to ensure that clients’ needs are met and sale/planning/execution of events is done in a timely manor
- Attendance at off-site events may be required
- Demonstrated customer focus with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize job duties and have a strong sense of urgency
- Must possess computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel, Event Management Software, and floor plan programs such as Adobe Illustrator.
- Must be able to work both as a team member and independently with minimal supervision
- This position requires the employee to have a vehicle for mobility to attend meetings, events, etc.