Positive Life Concepts is actively seeking a senior level Electrical Engineer. We are a third party recruitment firm and are proud to be working with a reputable, well known client in the petrochemical industry. Our client is a fast-paced Engineering Firm working in industrial and petrochemical with all major oil companies in Alberta, along with the public sector. Come and be an integral part of a team that focuses on customer service and provides the best solutions. Know and be proud that you represent a company that values you and your career endeavours.
If you consider yourself a leader, hardworking, team orientated and continuous learner who is comfortable in front of clients, you might be the person we are looking for.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Must be able to develop new business and cultivate new clients
- Must be very presentable
- Excellent at preparation of control narratives, construction work packages, scoping studies, feasibility studies, instrumentation, and front-end engineering design
- Continuously expanding your knowledge for new technologies and practice
- Perform studies develop scope of work and execution of the engineering work
- Coordinate project electrical activities with a utility and other disciplines for their area of responsibility. Establish construction electrical deliverable types and its contents/details with the construction group
- Develop and maintain electrical project schedule, progress reports and cost estimates. Execute change management process
- Ensure consistency and integrity of electrical design throughout project and review design for logic and functionality
- Review / approve design of plant distribution system including protection scheme
- Review and approve relay protection and coordination studies. Perform / witness test at factory / site for all major electrical equipment
- Perform pre-commissioning and start-up activities for electrical systems
Qualifications and Skills:
- Work experience in Canada particularly in Alberta.
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Experience with High voltage distribution (above 1.5kV), Low voltage distribution (1.5kV and below), Arch Flash Hazard Analysis utilizing ETAP, Canadian Electrical Code (2015), NFPA and ULC standards, Fire and Alarm design and verification, grounding design, power distribution design and instrumentation and controls.
- Experience with grounding design, lighting layout/design, and power distribution design
- Familiarity with industrial clients such as Suncor, Syncrude, CNRL, Husky and Shell.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Having a degree in both Mechanical and Electrical Engineering would be considered an asset.
- APEGA certification or ability to be certified
Our Client offers a competitive wage which is commensurate with experience. Candidate must be willing to participate in continuous learning and programs to ensure that standards are met.
To Apply: We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. To reduce our environmental footprint and enhance the effectiveness of our applicant tracking process, we ask that you submit your resume in WORD format to www.positivelifeconcepts.com