“The start date of this job is flexible and in order to find the best candidate the job may remain open much longer than the date mentioned on this posting…..or you may be asked to start sooner than the expected start date if you are able to do so!”
URGENT: Please read the job description below. If this interests you, please send a MS-Word version copy of your updated resume (ASAP) along with your salary expectations, first available date and a telephone contact number
Please mention the job title above in the subject line
The recruiter in charge of this role is Prakash
If you do not think you are a match for this opportunity, but know someone who is, feel free to forward this email to them and you will be eligible for a referral bonus upon a successful hire.
One of our clients who is well-established in the printing and consulting industry is looking for a Field Service Technician (Printer and Copier)
Length: Contract term is 12 months with a high possibility of an extension
Location: Kelowna, BC
- Provide repair and service support in customer’s location, working with low to mid-range office products (Printers, Copiers, and Fax) in a break/fix mode and preventative maintenance mode.
- Break/Fix and maintenance PC, Printers, Fax, and Copiers
- Range of maintenance on assigned products including repair, on-site troubleshooting, installation, removal, retrofit, and preventive maintenance activities
- Take responsibility of customer satisfaction by providing timely and courteous service with minimal support from other personnel.
- Observe all service call procedures including preliminary notification to the customer of call receipt with established time of arrival (ETA) whenever possible.
- Participate as a full member is a service workgroup and contribute to the group’s productivity.
- Keep service management informed of potential customer issues if unable to resolve
- Repair and service support in customer’s location
- Customer call assistance
- Present a professional Image
- Professional dress code
- Polite, tidy, and, well organized
- Ask before taking action
Required technical skills
- Electro-mechanical aptitude
- The completion of electrical mechanical and/or network test may be required
- Formal Electronics education and/or training, coupled with 2-3 years’ experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Listen, understand, & communicate effectively with customers (administrative to executive) on technical and maintenance matters
- Effective interpersonal skill behaviors
- Ability to work independently and / or on a small team with minimal supervision
Effective organizational skills
- Document job activities, plan and coordinate services deliverables
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Must have experience on repairing printers and copiers
- Computer literate and attention to detail
- Demonstrate excellent customer skills
- Demonstrate good verbal and written skills
- Must be able to communicate affectively with customers
peers and internal suppliers
- Must demonstrate customer focus (what is a customer and their requirements)
- Demonstrate the ability to comprehended written and verbal instructions
- Valid drivers license of that province
- State that they may be required to lift 30 pounds
- Must have the ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Must have good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Must be of a size that provides enough space to allow for the transport of assigned parts inventory.
- The vehicle must be able to secure property (parts tools, and electronic equipment) provided to the contractor.
- The vehicle must be maintained in good working order (pass safety inspections).
- The vehicle appearance is reflective of professional service delivery.
- Contract personnel must ensure that the vehicle being used is properly licensed and insured at the level required for business use.
Qualifications/ Education / Experience Desired:
- A certificate or diploma from a recognized technical school; or college in the field of electronics; electrical repair; reprographics; or a related field.
- Two (2) or more years of related field experience as a technician may be substituted for the certificate/diploma.
- Industry certifications such as A+, N+, PDI+ are will be an asset
- Background check will be required before start date
Please note that this is the most up to date version of job description available at this time – During Client Interview you will receive additional information – variance may apply !